Antique Jewellery, also known as Vintage Jewellery or Estate Jewellery. This type of jewellery has become one of the most types of jewellery people are looking for. What makes this jewellery so precious, dependable and unique is the fact that they have been made in an entirely different era and has certainly stood the test of time, have been handed down from one generation to another.
Antique Jewellery has various genres and designs according to period in which they were designed. The most popular style of antique jewellery is Victorian Style, Edwardian Style, Art Nouveau Style, Retro Style and the Art Deco Style.
Once you have antique jewellery pieces on your hands, take good care of them is a must. These jewelry items require proper maintenance and cleaning and you have to be very careful while do cleaning. Here are some tips that might be helpful in taking care of your antique jewellery pieces:
- Use a soft bristles brush. Towels, hair dryer, cotton swabs and wooden toothpicks can be useful too.
- Donít use water, vinegar or high concentrated cleaning agents to clean your antique jewellery.
- Never store your antique jewellery in wet condition. You have to be sure itís dry when you storing them in a box.
- Never use soap that can make your metal or stone of your antique jewellery become dull.
- Itís safer if you prefer dry methods to clean your antique jewellery.
- Use a soft bristles brush to clean your jewels from dust.
- Use a cotton swabs to clean it from fingerprints. Use some mild cleaning solution as needed.
- Avoid rubbing the jewels against each other as they can lose their luster.
- Keep your antique jewellery in a jewelry box and take it out carefully when you want to wear it.
- Always store different jewellery items in separate jewelry boxes to prevent scratching.
At the bottom of this page you can find some sample of antique jewellery from our trusted online jewellery shop partners. There is just one or two product displayed from each shop, but you will find hundreds more antique jewellery design and product reviews from every one of them. Besides antique jewellery, youíll also find offerings of rings jewellery, bracelets jewellery and tons of other type of jewellery and accessories. Just start by clicking one of the samples.